Cannondale M2000 ready

Finished the renovation of my old 1992 Cannondale M2000 this summer. I’ve build it with nearly new XTR M900 parts.
The frame was totally beaten up and the original fork was gone. I think I’ve replaced it long time ago by a suspension fork and cut the steerer tube because I needed some piece of steel tube this size. :-(
After my brother has used it for some decades in South America, I got it back and gave it some TLC. 
New powder coating (sorry…), new fork from Spain, new decals from Germany after I rejected the English decals and (from a Giant Cadex donor bike) a full M900 group set.
Still doubting what to do with the stem: put the gigantic stem back on or leave this shorter one on. The long one comes closer to the original one, but this one is better for modern riding style and matches my “modern” Cube FS bike better.