Bottecchia Mod. SCIC

One bike I’ve been dreaming of since I started roadracing in 1979: Bottecchia.
Team bike of Giuseppe Saronni’s SCIC-Bottecchia team, but also the bike of junior racer Teun van Vliet, at that time one of the leading Dutch junior racers.
Since I started to collect old bike stuff, I’ve been looking for such a Bottecchia, but I never had the chance to buy one. But if you stay patient, you will always find that what you’re looking for. Better: even before this Bottecchia arrived at my home, I found a second one. I still regret that I didn’t also buy that one, because it was 1 cm larger and a better fit.
Columbus SL tubing, fully chrome plated front fork and rear stays, the characteristic seat cluster...
Bottecchia, made by Carnielli. Lot of rubbish, but a few gems.









Frame and fork: Bottecchia Mod. SCIC, Columbus SL

Head set: Campagnolo Super Record

Cranks: Campagnolo Record 170 mm

Bottom Bracket set: Campagnolo Record

Rear derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record

Front derailleur: Campagnolo Record, braze-on

Shifting lever: Simplex retrofriction

Brakes: Campagnolo Record

Hubs: Campagnolo Record

Rims: Mavic MA40

Tyres: Challenge Strada Pro Open 25 mm

Sprockets: Maillard 6 spd

Chain: KMC B1 Narrow Silver

Pedals: Campagnolo Record

Toeclips: Christophe steel, size L

Toe straps: Alfredo Binda

Saddle: Selle San Marco Concor Supercorsa Confort

Seat Post: Campagnolo Record, 27.2 mm

Stem: Cinelli 1A

Handlebars: Cinelli Campione del Mondo 66-44 (44 cm center to center)

Brake levers: Campagnolo Super Record

Bar tape: Bike Ribbon white